The purpose of the Albion College Athletic Hall of Fame is to recognize those individuals who have made exceptional contributions to the achievements and prestige of Albion College in the field of athletics. Men and women are honored either by virtue of their performance on athletic teams representing the College, or by meritorious efforts in years after graduation. An athlete must have earned two letters in one sport or one letter in three or more sports. Women who graduated before 1975 must have participated in the Women’s Athletic Association (WAA). An athlete must have been an alumnus/alumna for at least 10 years to be eligible for selection.
The Athletic Hall of Fame 2015 honorees are:
- Badger Beall, ’85 - Track
- Travis DePree, ’05 - Basketball
- Brice Drogosch, ’83 - Football
- Earl C. "Billy" Hayes, 1910
- William Johansson, ’91 - Football and Track
- Britton Johnson, ’01 - Swimming and Track
- Sarah Caskey McAlister, ’05 - Basketball
- James McMillan, ’70 - Football
- Kevin Nixon, ’77 - Football
- Robert T. Taylor, III, ’96 - Football
- Bruk Weymouth, ’93 - Baseball
- 2005 Women's Basketball
- 2005 Men's Basketball
Athletic administrators or others who are not alumni must have served the College at least 10 years to be eligible. An athletic administrator can be selected immediately after leaving the institution or immediately after retirement. A team is eligible if it has won an MIAA Championship and 10 years have elapsed since competition.
The display of the Hall of Fame plaques is in the main corridor of the Dow Recreation and Wellness Center. Click here for a list of all former inductees.