Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
A Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is made up of student-athletes assembled to provide insight on their experience. The SAAC offers input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect student-athletes lives on NCAA member institution campuses.
In addition, SAAC spearheads the community involvement efforts peformed by Briton student-athletes. Albion student-athletes logged more than 2,300 hours of community service during the 2012-2013 academic year. SAAC's effort was validated during the spring 2013 semester when it received the Longhurst Service Award from the Rotary Club of Albion.
Campus, conference and national SAAC offer student-athletes the opportunity to shape the landscape of Division III intercollegiate athletics. During the NCAA convention, Division III SAAC members have an opportunity to speak to proposed legislation in front of the Division III membership. The executive committee for the 2013-2014 academic year is Jalyn Ingalls (president), Alex Schumaker (vice president), MacKenzie Chesley (secretary), Caitlin McClorey (treasurer), and Joe Silvestri (community outreach chair). Click here for the entire SAAC membership.
The mission of the NCAA SAAC is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity, protecting student-athlete well-being and fostering a positive student-athlete image. Click here for the SAAC constitution. Click here for a link to minutes from the last meeting.
Functions of the Albion College SAAC
- Promote communications between athletic administrators and student-athletes
- Provide feedback and insight into athletic department issues
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the athletic department during policy formation
- Build a sense of community within the athletic program involving all teams
- Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation
- Organize community service efforts
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus