ADRIAN, Mich. – Josh McGarry scored the point for Albion College in an 8-1 loss to Adrian College in a Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association men's tennis match.
McGarry defeated Ronald Ducharme by scores of 6-3, 6-2 in the No. 1 singles match. McGarry has a 6-7 record at the top of the Britons singles lineup this season.
McGarry nearly gained two victories in the match. Playing with Nick Kinachtchouk at No. 1 doubles, the Britons took Adrian's team of Ducharme and Jonathon Rhind to a tiebreaker before falling.
Albion, 4-9 overall, continues its schedule against MIAA rivals with a Wednesday match at Trine University.
Adrian 8, Albion 1
1. Ronald Ducharme/Jonathon Rhind (Adrian) d. Nick Kinachtchouk/Josn McGarry 9-8 (6)
2. Jeff Sophiea/Nathan Waterbury (Adrian) d. Robert Joerg/Israel Trevino 8-0
3. Kyle Haines/Tanner Wilcox (Adrian) d. Patrick Barclay/Chandler Martin 8-2
1. Josh McGarry (Albion) d. Ronald Ducharme 6-3, 6-2
2. Jeff Sophiea (Adrian) d. Robert Joerg 6-4, 6-2
3. Tanner Wilconx (Adrian) d. Israel Trevino 6-2, 6-2
4. Kyle Haines (Adrian) d. Nick Kinachtchouk 6-2, 6-3
5. Nate Waterbury (Adrian) d. Patrick Barclay 6-0, 6-0
6. Jonathon Rhind (Adrian) d. Chandler Martin 6-0, 6-0
Follow the Britons on Twitter: @albiontennis