ADRIAN, Mich. – The Albion College baseball season ended with an 8-7 loss to Alma College in a Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association Tournament elimination game at Nicolay Field.
Albion, which won 22 games for the first time since 2007, finishes the season with a 22-20 record.
It was a see-saw game with the teams exchanging the lead five times.
Alma scored twice in the eighth to take the lead for good. Max Trucks lifted a sacrifice fly to score Jaret Koin and Logan Huff's single sent Pete Carravallah home with the winning run.
Kellan Huang ended a fine season for Albion with a double and three runs batted in. He became Albion's single-season leader with 43 RBI, finishing ahead of Michael Fischbach's 2015 total of 42. With 13 doubles, Huang finished in a tie with Fischbach (2014) and David Seales (2005) for fourth-most in a season.
Eight of the Britons in the lineup collected a hit and all nine reached base during the game.
- Sean Haddlesey singled, walked twice and scored twice
- Drew Olszewski hit a RBI triple in the first inning. He finished with two RBI and scored a run
- Justin Charron hit two singles and scored a run
- Riley Stesiak doubled, walked twice and scored a run
- Andrew Arszulowicz drew a walk
- Matt Bur hit a RBI single in the fourth inning
- Jordyn Finney hit a RBI single in the fourth inning
- Joe Turnbull hit a single and a triple, drew a walk and scored two runs
Joe and Julie Serra have given a $5 million leadership gift to launch a fundraising initiative to make two dreams a reality at Albion College. The first is a newly expanded fitness and student activity facility at the site of the current Dow Recreation and Wellness Center. The second is a new or renovated competition facility for the volleyball, men's basketball and women's basketball that currently call Kresge Gymnasium home.
The College is continuing to raise funds in support of both projects. To learn more, call 517/629-0446 or email email@example.com.