BEREA, Ohio – Albion College student-athletes achieved first place performances in four events as the men's track & field team finished third in the Dr. William Taraschke Team Challenge at Baldwin-Wallace University.
Albion and Ohio Wesleyan University engaged in a duel for second place. The Battling Bishops edged the Britons by six points, 117-111. Otterbein University was the top team with 182 points.
- Kejuan Frazier was first in the shot put (49' 2 ¼")
- Richard Annorat won the high jump, clearing the bar at 6' 6 ¾", and he was fourth in the 55-meter hurdles (7.90 seconds)
- Adam Ditri raced past the field in the 3,000 meters (8:51.39), and Albion scored 14 points in the event as Aaron Weimer was fifth
- Jephte Jean-Claude, Trevor Knowles and Marcus Freeman finished in the top five in the triple jump. Jean-Claude was the winner, sailing 44' 2 ¾"
- Boyd reached the final in the 55-meter dash, finishing third
- Smith was fourth in the 800 meters and seventh in the mile
- Barrett was fourth in the long jump
Albion's next meet is the Indiana Wesleyan University Midwest Classic on Feb. 2.
Follow the Britons on Twitter: @AlbionXCTF